Willow Elementary PTA is excited for Avid4Adventure’s visit to the school next week (10/1 to 10/8) — the kids are going to have such a great time! Each child will have access to a portable rock climbing wall, a mountain bike skills course, a kayak paddle tank, and a “Leave No Trace” outdoor classroom. Our PTA is proud to have made this day possible by paying for the full costs for every single WES student.
Here are all the details:
Parents are welcome to come watch — please check in at the front office before you come out to the field. Also, each day after school from 3:45-4:45PM the portion of the student body who participated in Avid that day will get to go out to the field to show their parents what they learned. Parents and siblings are welcome to participate in the stations during this after school time.
Schedule for Classrooms:
What to bring:
- Sack lunch and a snack packed in a bag with your child’s name on the outside.
- Athletic clothing appropriate for the weather to be outside all day. This should include rain gear (poncho, rain jacket, etc.) if there is any chance of rain, and a warm layer.
- Extra set of clothing packed in a backpack or bag.
- A full, one liter, non-breakable water bottle labeled with the child’s name
- Sunscreen (15+ SPF) with child’s name clearly labeled
Pingback: PTA News: Oct. 8, 2015 | High Tech Elementary PTA